Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Discs for Africa Project

Discs for Africa Project 15 years 6 months ago #153

• benne
  • Administrator
Hier mal eine Kurzfassung von der Idee.
Ich finde sie sehr gut und fände es super, wenn unser Verein sich daran beteiligt.
Ich werde mal Kontakt aufnehmen und vielleicht gehen dann bald die ersten Fischbees-Discs nach Afrika.

Was denkst du?

Discs for Africa starts with a very simple idea: Supporting the growth of Ultimate in Africa by sending discs to the players there. Playing conditions in Africa are usually really tough (playing on concrete or on a gravelly pitch, grass is rare) and discs suffer a lot, they need replacement pretty quickly. No discs, no game!

We here in Europe and other developed countries have often too many discs - used and new - and giving some away to people who actually need them is not a massive effort. Let's do it!

Two issues: collecting the discs, then sending them to Africa.[...]
How did all this start you wonder? There you go:

I travelled to Central African Republic last March and took 20 discs with me, started and trained 6 teams in 3 different neighbourhoods of the capital, Bangui, and did also some sessions with kid streets in an NGO. Everybody absolutely loved it and they were fast learners!

The day I left we organised a tourney on proper grass pitches, 5 aside with 2 subs, 6 teams, we had some music on the pitches and some drinks, it was great. With a strong football influence and neighbourhood pride, respecting the rules and spirit was actually the hardest thing, but I left them with great enthusiasm and 20 discs between 4 captains, which already at the time wasn't much to run practices.

I have had some news recently and there is basically only one team still playing as they are lacking discs...

All the best, and see you in Paris!
Rodrigue
drop it like it\'s hot!
Last Edit: 15 years 6 months ago by benne.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Replies in Topic: Discs for Africa Project

Discs for Africa Project benne 15 years 6 months ago
Aw: Discs for Africa Project dremu 15 years 6 months ago
Aw: Discs for Africa Project benne 15 years 5 months ago
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds

Impressum und Datenschutz